Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Metal Detecting Huntsville AL treasures in forests at interstate

HISTORY OF INTERSTATE
and a good place to look

When the Interstate Highway System was first laid out during the mid-1950s, Interstate 65 was routed on a north-south bee line connectingNashville, Tenn., with Birmingham, Ala. This route passes just to the east of Decatur, which was a major river port on the Tennessee Riverat the time. Huntsville, however, was still a small town about twenty miles (32 km) to the east of I-65.
During the latter 1950s and all through the 1960s, Huntsville underwent massive population growth due to the establishment of the U.S. Army Missile Command at Redstone Arsenal, and the new NASA Marshall Space Flight Center. By 1960, Huntsville had grown to more than twice the size of Decatur. It became clear that an Interstate Highway spur route would be beneficial to connect Huntsville with I-65, and thence to the rest of the country. I-565 was chosen as the Federal Highway Administration's number for this proposed spur expressway. It was decided that rather than terminating at the western edge of Huntsville, I-565 would extend farther eastward, providing an east-west freeway for Huntsville. On the eastern edge of Huntsville, I-565 was designed to feed into U.S. Highway 72, which was being widened to a four-lane highway running from Huntsville to Kimball, Tenn., where it feeds into Interstate 24.
Construction of I-565 began in 1987,



So basically, i knew my suspicions were correct in assuming the untapped potential of wooded areas near and around the interstate system, as well as the rail line.

This is a photo of that system as of 2012, but look at the potential for hidden zones not really looked at. Well worth the time and effort to investigate further my fellow coil swingers.

Today i got my metal detector, my first one ever, since using my brothers old as dirt Bounty hunter pioneer cost 100 at walmart..
I went in my yard. Found a Wheat penny my second hole, first one was a iorn nail and a zinc penny badly corroded. 

You can check that out at my youtube channel Huxlee Hunter, 

And again,

any donations are appreciated, starving artist here lol..
PAYPAL to darthsector@gmail.com ill take clad..lol cause beggers can't be choosers.

No comments:

Post a Comment